Trains from Kolkata | Flights | BUS
Vizag (aka Visakhapatnam) is a leading tourist spot now a days. It is one of the largest coastal city of India and also the capital of Andhra Pradesh. The city contributes so much to the country’s revenue production that it is called “the jewel of the east coast.” The best time to visit this smart city is during the winter since, during this time, the temperature remains comfortable. One can reach here, in Visakhapatnam, by Train, bus or Flight. Here is the detailed info about How to Reach Vizag (Visakhapatnam)!
Comfortable and Short Trip by Flight to Vizag (aka Visakhapatnam) :
Air journeys are always comfortable and the shortest one. However, A flight from Kolkata to Visakhapatnam may charge from 5000 to 20000 per person, depending upon the time of booking. Major cities like Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore are well connected with Visakhapatnam via regular fights. The distance of Visakhapatnam Airport from the main city is nearly 12 km. For regular visitors, there are periodic flights provided by major airlines like Spice Jet, Air India, Indigo etc. Foreign flights like Singapore are managed by Malindo Air & Silk Air. It takes around 8 hours of time and Rs. 7000 on average per person to reach Visakhapatnam Airport from Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Airport.
Weather conditions play an important role in the case of flights. Therefore it is important to stay updated about weather conditions like rain or fog to track the flight schedule. After you reach Visakhapatnam Airport, there are many bus or cab services available to take you to the city of Vizag. Charges for such a bus or cab are around Rs.500 depending upon the tourism season.
How to Reach Vizag (aka Visakhapatnam) by Road :
Visakhapatnam, or Vizag, is connected with NH 5, which connects the city to Kolkata and Chennai. Visakhapatnam distance from Kolkata is approx. 800KM by road. The maximum fare for such a trip to Vizag from Kolkata by bus may cause a maximum of Rs. 5000 per person, for AC buses. Reaching Vizag by bus should not be a matter of worry as there is a frequent number of buses available for this route. It takes around 18 hours. to complete a ride. If an individual wants a more comfortable ride and also wants to enjoy the journey from Kolkata to Vizag, they can book a relaxing cab, and it will cost Rs.14475 or more. For example, for a Vizag-Kolkata journey, an Innova fare will be around 18000.
How to Reach Vizag (aka Visakhapatnam) by Train :
Train journeys are always inexpensive, and to reach Vizag, there are many trains available from Kolkata. Trains for Visakhapatnam are available from Santragachi or Howrah. it will take 10-12 hours to reach Visakhapatnam from Kolkata via train. A few such trains are –
- 12841 Coromandel Express
- 22817 Howrah Mysore Express
- 22807 MAS SUF AC Express
- 12663 Howrah TPJ SUF EXPRESS
Vizag (aka Visakhapatnam) train ticket price :
Most of these train tickets cost Rs. 475 for sleeper class, Rs. 1245 rupees for 3A and Rs. 1760 for 2A.
Vizag (aka Visakhapatnam) train from other cities :
For other cities like Hyderabad, Mumbai or Delhi, there are express trains like Konark Express, Janmabhoomi Express, Samta Express etc. There are plenty of autos or buses available from here to take you to your destination.
While you are concerned about How to Reach Visakhapatnam (Vizag)? It is also important to have a general idea or remain updated about the place to make the journey hassle-free.
Things to remember for Vizag Trip :
- Vizag is a famous tourist spot; therefore, choosing the right time is necessary for a comfortable and pleasant tour experience. Moreover, being the coastal area, winter stays for a very short time here, starting from October to January mid. And summer here is not very pleasant or soothing. Therefore be certain to plan the journey during the winter.
- This smart city of Andhra Pradesh has become a plastic-free zone in the year 2022. This means to carry anything, and one must have a bag made of paper or cloth.
- Vizag is also a place where people can enjoy a large variety of food, especially their street food is mouth-watering.
- The city has a strong base of local transport as well as cab services. To make the trip reasonable, one can opt for the local form of transport like share auto.
- Other than peaceful beaches, Visakhapatnam also has many activities to take part in, like surfing and paragliding.
- The city also has several routes for trekking. Such a trekking route is way to Amarkonda, the highest peak of Andhra Pradesh.
- The city of Visakhapatnam has both tourist attractions in it, hills on one side and beaches on another. This is why the city is locally known as The City of Destiny.
- A 2-night, 3-day tour plan is ideal to visit all the interesting points of Vizag. Make sure to make all the necessary arrangements, like hotel bookings and tickets, before visiting.